Important notice about the deactivation of the STEREO ftp
Important notice about STEREO Behind
Playing in 3D:
Welcome to the STEREO Learning Center
Build your own 3d glasses
Download this activity in PDF format
- Oaktag (sturdy poster board)
- Clear tape
- Basic pattern for glasses (Download PDF (72KB)
- Sheets of red and blue acetate (available at art supply stores)
- Cut out the sample pattern (including eyeholes) for your 3D glasses and tape the
sides to the center section. You now have your stencil for the actual glasses.
- Trace the stencil on the oaktag or sturdy poster board. Cut the glasses out
making sure to also cut out the eyeholes.
- Tape the red (left) and blue (right) acetate pieces to cover the eyeholes. Make
sure to cut the acetate pieces a little larger than the opening for the eyes. DO
NOT get tape on parts of the acetate visible through the eyehole.
- You can decorate the glasses using any materials on hand.
Encourage students to be as creative as possible!
- The pattern provided is just one possible style. Vary the outer shape of
the glasses to make them unique.
- Take a picture of the whole class wearing their glasses. Or, even better,
Use the class wearing their glasses as the subject of your 3D photo!
Last Revised: Tuesday, 06-Oct-2015 16:24:34 EDT
Responsible NASA Official:
Webmaster: Kevin Addison